Thursday, June 21, 2012

Thursday - Update (6/21)

Dad has been released from the ICU and is back in a new room 6120.

To quote my grandfather, "HE IS A CHANGED MAN."

His vitals have stabilized (temp back to normal, still an elevated white count though). They chose NOT to perform a spinal tap. His cultures ALL came back negative! They will keep him on the antibiotics, although they are not sure where the infection is located.

Allie and I were able to catch up yesterday and she said she spoke to Dad yesterday. She mentioned that he is no longer having much confusion, and he is no longer unsettled and fidgety when trying to fall asleep. If you remember, he was suffering from extreme jerks and jolts when he became tired. When I was there Dr. A removed Libetalol from his med lists--maybe the absence of this BP med has improved his state--we don't care what it was. We have our Dad back!

I just got off the phone with Dad and he sounds incredible. He is back on a liquid diet, doing just fine on it. His BP is stable, no meds (we've been told by one nurse). He is incredibly lucid, understanding, coherent and personal. There is no better way to say it other than "he is back". What a scare that was for the past few days.

Craig will visit tomorrow (Friday) for the weekend. Allie may return early next week.

I will try my best to update the blog before I leave this weekend for a motorcycle race in Canada, called Paris-Dacre Challenge. I know that Dad is rooting for me and he wanted me to share some info with you, too. http://www.rallyconnex.com/p2d2012.htm

Adam

No comments:

Post a Comment