Saturday, August 11, 2012

Home for 3+ weeks

First I want to apologize, I have been somewhat remiss in writing since I have been home from Pittsburgh.
But it have found it hard to sit at the computer for any length of time....

Let me fill you in on the healing process now that I am home...

So it has been about 3+ weeks since coming home from Pittsburgh via a 4.5 hour ambulance ride to Rochester...it was nice to be home.

I spend 96 days in the hospital in Pittsburgh and was looking forward to eating Mom's cooking and gettting heavier.  I weighed 132 pounds when I was admitted for the surgery in April.  I weigh 103 NOW.  I am reallly skin and bones.  Lost most of what Hair i had as well and don't look a lot like me....   but time will make that better...

I have two holes iin my chest.  I have a colonoscopy and a fistula.  The fistula is an aberration that occurs from time to time with this type of surgery and I won.  I have one.  It goes from the my half a stomach to the surface of my chest and must heal itself from the inside out.

as I was saying.... the fistula was healing but upon arrival at home it doubled in size and I was immediately plaed on no food.  NPO.  Nothing but jello.  So i have nothing to eat by mouth since a few days after arriving home and that was 3 weeks ago.  I AM hungry!!

Plus my applicances that are now part of me that coffect fluids, from my body constsantly break...every day, so I wake up in the middle of the night covered in excretment...or really any time.  Like this morning, it once again broke open and I am waiting for the home health nurse to arrive to repair it.... not pleasant!  It is tiring and not fun.

so you could say I am healing at home... but it is  a slow process.  I reallly want to eat...

and the energy level i have is close to non-exisistant. The food I get by tube into my body barely covers what I expend each day so I am really quite weak.... and tht is not fun either...

so this is the news from home... 3+ weeks into being home..  But it IS nice to be home instead of the hospital and it IS nice to have family around,,,but I AM frustrated and just wish to have my strength back, wish to be have this fistula closed so I can eat once again and wish to start gaining weight once again...

maybe tomorrow....or next week....   hummmm   Hope so.

so now this is Scott....   

1 comment:

  1. My Dear Scott,

    it is so nice to read the text which u wrote by yourself after so long time!!! :-) Nobody can imagine how difficult time u had and r still having...but u r much closer to the final of this battle now!!! I know it lasts longer than we were thinking, but important is that u r getting better even though it slow process. How I said before I know we meet in Prague soon and I´m looking forward to it. Wish u all the Best and thinking of u every day. Take care my friend!!!

    ReplyDelete